SAA 3D Sensing Array
Measure Settlement and Deformation
Cautus Geo is the Norwegian distributor for SAA products from Measurand and uses various forms of SAA on many different kinds of projects.
SAA is a rope-like array of sensors and microprocessors that fits into a small (27 mm; 1.05″ ID) casing. Any deformation that moves the casing is accurately measured as a change in shape of the SAA.
Vibrations may also be measured at multiple points. SAA sensor cables are shipped on a reel, can be handled by one person, and can be up to 100 m (330′) long.
SAA cables are reuseable. The same array can be used for horizontal or vertical measurements.
- Length of segments: 30 or 50 cm (12” or ~19”)
- Each segment has three MEMS accelerometers
- Segments are connected by flexible joints
- In-array microprocessors collect and send digital data
- Several different types available
- Can be delivered with piezometer
- Measurements are based on tilt, as with inclinometer measurements
- Each segment has a temperature sensor
- Arrives on a reel
- Installs in inexpensive, locally available, 27 mm (1.05”) ID PVC electrical conduit
- Withstands huge deformations
- Unlikely to be trapped in casing
- Measures deformation at typically hundreds of locations
- The same array can be used vertically or horizontally (slope or subsidence)
Link to the manufacturer’s website: measurand.com
Send a Request
We want to hear about your project!