Measure Settlement and Deformation
Cautus Geo is the Norwegian distributor for SAA products from Measurand and uses various forms of SAA on many different kinds of projects.
SAA is a rope-like array of sensors and microprocessors that fits into a small (27 mm; 1.05″ ID) casing. Any deformation that moves the casing is accurately measured as a change in shape of the SAA.
Vibrations may also be measured at multiple points. SAA sensor cables are shipped on a reel, can be handled by one person, and can be up to 100 m (330′) long.
SAA cables are reuseable. The same array can be used for horizontal or vertical measurements.
- Length of segments: 30 or 50 cm (12” or ~19”)
- Each segment has three MEMS accelerometers
- Segments are connected by flexible joints
- In-array microprocessors collect and send digital data
- Several different types available
- Can be delivered with piezometer
- Measurements are based on tilt, as with inclinometer measurements
- Each segment has a temperature sensor
- Arrives on a reel
- Installs in inexpensive, locally available, 27 mm (1.05”) ID PVC electrical conduit
- Withstands huge deformations
- Unlikely to be trapped in casing
- Measures deformation at typically hundreds of locations
- The same array can be used vertically or horizontally (slope or subsidence)
Link to the manufacturer’s website: measurand.com
Send a Request
We want to hear about your project!